- Real Estate
- Business Law
- Credit Union Law
- Wills, Estates & Trusts
- Debt Recovery & Insolvency Law
- Litigation – primarily in the areas of real estate and estates.
Practice Focus & Background
Raised in Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Randy joined OWZW in 1985 and became a partner in 1991. Randy has been involved in the building and construction industry by serving on the board of a third party warranty organization, and participating in activities of the local home builder’s association. Randy practices primarily in the areas of Real Estate, Wills, Estates & Trusts, Debtor/Creditor & Insolvency Law and Litigation in the areas of Insurance Defence, Real Estate and Estates.
Education & Professional
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel, 2013
- Admitted to the Law Society of Saskatchewan, 1985
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 1984
Associations & Activities
Including Professional Associations, Community Activities & Public Services
- Member, Canadian and Regina Bar Associations
- Former Director, New Home Warranty Program of Saskatchewan Inc.
- Founding Director, Cancer Foundation of Saskatchewan
- Former Co-Chair, Real Property (South) Section of the Saskatchewan Branch of the Canadian Bar Association
- Appointee, to the Western Conveyancing Protocol Committee
- Participant, Legal Focus Group with the Saskatchewan Land Registry
- Pro Bono Counsel – Habitat for Humanity, Regina
- Former Director, Regina & Region Home Builders’ Association Inc
Presentations & Publications
Randy has lectured at several Canadian Bar Association Mid-Winter Meetings and at numerous continuing legal education seminars. Courses include Estate Administration Law for Credit Unions, and Commercial Lending Law for Credit Unions.