Christine Hansen Chad
Practice Focus & Background
Christine has been employed as a lawyer with OWZW since June of 2005 and became become a partner at OWZW, on January 1, 2015. Christine grew up in Carman, Manitoba and Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. She has a Bachelor of Arts degree with High Honours in Psychology in 2001 from the University of Saskatchewan.
Christine practices primarily in the areas of family and civil law as well as employment and labour disputes and wills and estates. She has appeared before the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal, Saskatchewan Court of King’s Bench, Saskatchewan Provincial Court, and the Saskatchewan Labour Relations Board.
With a substantial portion of her practice being in the area of family law, Christine regularly advises clients in family matters on issues of custody, parenting and access, support, property division and child protection matters. Her practice includes trial and court work as well as collaborative law.
In the area of employment law, Christine has worked on cases involving wrongful and constructive dismissals, workplace conflict and discrimination, human rights claims, and disputes related to employment contracts.
Christine also has experience in residential real estate transactions and in the law of wills and estates.
Education & Professional
- Admitted to the Law Society of Saskatchewan, June 2005.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 2004
- Bachelor of Arts (High Honours), Psychology, University of Saskatchewan, 2001
Associations & Activities
Including Professional Associations, Community Activities & Public Services
- Member, Regina Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Collaborative Professionals of Saskatchewan (current board member)
- Member, Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association (current Past President Elect)
- Legal Coach for Family Law as recognized by the Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Volunteer, Salvation Army Regina Free Legal Clinic
- Counsel for the Child
- Past Board Member, Ehrlo Community Services Inc. (3 years)
- Past Board Member, Ranch Ehrlo Society (1 year)