When your business needs to understand and access all relevant aspects of federal and provincial employment law, OWZW can help. Our team, Tom Waller, Bob Waller, Pat Quaroni, Shelley Joyce, Christine Hansen-Chad, Lindsay Oliver, Jessica Waller, Nicole Hamm, Meghan Vanderkuur and Michael MacDonald helps employers ranging from big businesses to small start-ups. You can put our extensive experience before the Court of Queen’s Bench, the Small Claims Court and Unemployment Insurance Boards of Referees and Umpires to work for you.
We help with many areas of rapidly-changing employment law, including:
- Occupational health and safety
- Human rights
- Labour standards
- Harassment and discrimination
- Hiring (with and without contract)
- Disciplinary measures
- Termination (with and without cause)
- Early retirements
- Workplace reorganization
- Complaints under the Canada Labour Code, including adjudicative hearings
We also help draft, implement and maintain legally-required workplace policies such as harassment and anti-violence policies.