Perry Erhardt, Q.C.
- Business Law
- Commercial Financing
- Real Estate (Residential and Commercial)
- Employment Law
- Indigenous Business Law
- Labour Law
Practice Focus and Background:
Perry has extensive experience in business law advising developers, small businesses and financial institutions on acquisitions, business structure, financing, and employment issues.
He maintains an active litigation practice in the corporate, professional regulatory discipline, and employment law areas.
Perry is an accomplished leader having led strategic initiatives and motivated positive change in many organizations. In 2016, Perry served as President of the Law Society of Saskatchewan during his second term as an elected bencher. He previously completed a term as President of the Canadian Bar Association (Saskatchewan Branch) in 2010-11. Perry is a very experienced board member having served as both director and chair of numerous boards over the past 25 years.
Perry’s earlier public service, including his role as Clerk of the Executive Council of Saskatchewan and Registrar of Regulations, contributes to his specialized skill set that has allowed him to assist and advise clients with specific issues related to legislation, regulations and policy development.
The breadth of his life and work experience extend far beyond the law, and make Perry a trusted and much sought-after adviser.
Education and Professional:
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel, 2010
- Environmental Law for Practitioners Course, 1992
- Admitted to the Law Society of Saskatchewan, 1990
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 1989
- Bachelor of Education, University of Saskatchewan, 1986
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Saskatchewan, 1984
Professional Associations/Community Activities:
- Law Society of Saskatchewan, Bencher - 2013 to present
- President, 2016
- Past Chair, Discipline and Governance Review
- Canadian Bar Association (Saskatchewan Branch), Member
- President, 2010-2011
- Mid-Winter Meeting Planning Committee Member, 2009
- Past Chair, Business Law (South) Section
- Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Regina Bar Association, Member
- United Way of Regina
- Campaign Cabinet Member, 1999
- Co-Chair, Provincial Government Employees Campaign, 1999
- Sunset United Church, Member and Past Chair, Worship Committee
- Hockey Regina, coach of boys and girls minor hockey teams
- Saskatchewan Hockey Association, former referee
- Plan International and World Vision, supporter of foster children
Presentations and Publications:
- Presenter, “The Environmental Regulator,” January 1993, Canadian Bar Association, Mid-Winter Meeting
- Presenter to foreign and domestic delegations on Processes and Procedures of Executive Government
- Presenter and Author, “Ethical Issues in Business Law,” Continuing Legal Education Seminar, April 2008
- Presenter, “Bootcamp for Junior Lawyers,” Continuing Professional Development Seminar, March 2011
Please contact Perry Erhardt for more detailed information.